.
QUETTA:
At least 14 terrorists were neutralized in two separate intelligence-based operations (IBOs) conducted by the Counter-Terrorism Department (CTD) in Quetta and Barkhan districts of Balochistan, a spokesman said on Wednesday.
The first operation unfolded in Darakhshan on the outskirts of Quetta following credible intelligence indicating the presence of Indian proxy terrorists, CTD spokesman said. As CTD teams moved in, terrorists opened fire, sparking a fierce exchange that lasted several minutes.
“Eight terrorists associated with Fitna al-Khawarij – a term used by the authorities for terrorists associated with the outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) – were killed. Three CTD personnel were injured during the encounter and shifted to hospital where their condition is stable.”
The spokesman said the dead terrorists were actively involved in planning several attacks across the province, including attacks on official installations and civilian areas. A large cache of arms, ammunition, grenades and explosive material was recovered from their possession.
Security was tightened in and around Darakhshan following the raid, with additional law enforcement personnel deployed and surveillance stepped up to prevent retaliatory attacks. Further investigations are underway.
In a separate operation on the same day, CTD teams acted on fresh intelligence in Barkhan district where suspected terrorist hideouts were identified. As forces surrounded the area, the terrorists opened fire, prompting a swift retaliation.
Six terrorists belonging to the Indian proxy Fitna al-Hindustan were killed in the ensuing gun battle, while security personnel remained unharmed. Officials said a significant amount of arms, ammunition and other sabotage materials were seized from the site.
The CTD spokesman said the group had been involved in planning subversive activities aimed at destabilizing Balochistan’s security situation, describing both operations as part of an ongoing campaign to restore peace and weaken terrorist networks across the province.
President Asif Ali Zardari hailed CTD Balochistan for the successful operations in Quetta and Barkhan. In an official statement, he praised the personnel for killing 14 terrorists and prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured officers.
“CTD Balochistan is playing a prominent role in protecting the country from terrorists,” the president said, adding that eliminating externally sponsored terrorism remained a top priority for the government.
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif also praised the CTD, particularly praising the Quetta operation and expressing solidarity with the injured personnel. “CTD Balochistan is playing a key role in the war against terrorism,” he said.
Echoing the sentiments, Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi hailed the professionalism and courage of the CTD officers and praised the department for neutralizing terrorists linked to Fitna al-Hindustan in Barkhan.
As the investigation continues, authorities reiterated that counter-terrorism operations will continue in Balochistan until terrorist networks are completely dismantled, underscoring that recent successes reflect a broader effort to bring lasting peace to the province.



