Maine Trans Athlete Battle: Free Speech Group comes to Laurel Libby’s defense

Five weeks after Maine State representative Laurel Libby was censored for a social media post identified a trans athlete, a free expression group has filed an amicus brief in support of her trial to overthrow mistrust.

Free Speech Group Fire argued in its short against the basis of the censorship, which was imposed by the Democrat’s majority and Maine House speaker Ryan Fecteau.

“If political majorities can impose draconian sanctions on political minorities, no point of view is certain. It is no way to maintain America’s robust obligation to free and open political speech, which is why the first change prohibits officials from reciprocating against dissensing views,” Fire Visiting Senior Attorney JT Morris Pakinomist Digital said.

CLICK HERE for more sports cover at Foxnews.com

Maine State Rep. Laurel Libby sounds the alarm over the state despite against President Donald Trump’s executive order that requires a cessation of biological men competing in women’s sports. (Getty/Maine Representanthus)

The foundation of Libby’s distrust was that she made a post that identified a minor by name and photo when she called a transpole vaulter who won a girls’ competition for Greely High School. However, the Trans athlete had already been published in other local media before Libby’s posts.

The other media included a post on Maine House Democrats’ website, claims Amicus Brief.

All Maine’s Federal Judges have deducted from the case.

The judges, John C. Nivison, John A. Woodcock, Lance E. Walker, Karen F. Wolf, Stacey D. Neumann and Nancy Torresen, signed the decree order on Tuesday, shortly after the case was originally filed. No reason was given to the judges’ withdrawal. The case has since been referred to the district of Rhode IslandAccording to several reports.

Fecteau, who passed the censorship, is the most important defendant in the trial together with the Robert Hunt representative House. Maine Attorney General’s Office will represent Fecteau.

Libby’s lawsuit seeks to have her vote and speech rights restored. Fecteau said earlier that Libby’s rights would be restored after she apologizes, which she has no intention of doing. Libby told Pakinomist Digital in a previous interview that she is calling on Fecteau to restore her rights to avoid taking the case in court and costing taxpayers the award for any potential trial.

Maine Girl involved in Trans Athlete Battle reveals how state policies harm her childhood and sports career

Libby represents more than 9,000 voters in Maine’s House District 90, and six of them have signed the trial as the plaintiffs because mistrust has prevented her ability to help perform other legislative actions to serve these voters.

On March 20, Libby was allowed to speak and present 10 changes during a vote of the State’s half -yearly budget. One of these amendments was not related to the budget, but was a proposal to keep trans athletes out of girls’ sports.

But when Libby spoke to present his amendments, several Democrats protested and began a debate with Republican representatives. In the end, Libby’s changes were not even considered and the Democrats moved to get the amendments exposed indefinitely.

The US Department of Agriculture on Wednesday announced a break and a continuous review of federal funding to Maine after The state refused To provide equal opportunities for women and girls in educational programs.

The state has refused to comply with President Donald Trump’s executive order to ban trans athletes from girls and women’s sports, causing huge Federal pressure. Trump initially promised to cut federal funding to the state if it refused to comply with the order during a 20th February speech, days after Libby made his social media post.

More potential sanctions could come to the state in the next week.

The US Ministry of Education sent a letter to the Maine Department of Education (MDOE) on Monday, advising a final deadline on April 11 to tackle the question or risk another reference to the Ministry of Justice. Department of Health and Human Services referred Maine to Doj Last week.

ONE Examination of The coalition of the American parents found that out of approx. 600 registered Maine voters, 63% said school sports participation should be based on biological sex, and 66% agreed that it is “only fair to limit women’s sports to biological women.”

The survey also found that 60% of residents would support a ballot limiting participation in Women’s and girls’ sports to Biological Women. This included 64% of the independent and 66% of parents with children under the age of 18.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top