Maine vs. Trump: USDA freezes funding to the state over trans athlete edition

The US Department of Agriculture on Wednesday announced a break and a continuous review of federal funding for Maine after the state refused to provide equal opportunities for women and girls in educational programs.

The state has refused to comply with President Donald Trump’s executive order to ban trans athletes from girls and women’s sports, causing enormous federal pressure. Trump initially promised to reduce federal funding to the state if it refused to comply with the order during a 20th February speech.

Now Trump has done well with that promise.

CLICK HERE for more sports cover at Foxnews.com

USDA secretary Brooks Rollins said the state must accept to protect female athletes from trans -cluttering before funding is restored.

“To continue receiving taxpayers’ dollars from the USDA, the state Maine must demonstrate compliance with title IX that protects female students athletes from having to compete with or against or should be shown unclear before men,” Rollins wrote in a letter to the state.

“In addition, the USDA has launched a full review of grants awarded by the Biden administration to the Maine Department of Education. Many of these grants appear to be wasting, redundant or otherwise against the priorities of the Trump administration. The USDA will not stand for the Biden administration’s bloated bureaucracy and instead focus on a department that is a bond. Agenda. “

Maine GOP state representative Laurel Libby was one of the most important figures to bring attention to the state’s transposing questions about Trans.

Libby’s Revelation of the Trans Athlet ignited the national conversation and coverage of state’s policy on trans -cluttering. Libby was censored by the Maine House Democrat’s majority for her speech on the premise that she identified a minor, but she has since brought a lawsuit to lose permission.

Maine Girl involved in Trans Athlete Battle reveals how state policies harm her childhood and sports career

“Governor Janet Mills and Maine Democrats have chosen to dig in their heels and embrace radical leftist ideology of the security and rights of Maine women and girls. Despite repeated warnings from President Trump, Maine Democrats continued to defy federal law and forced Maine girls to unfairly compete against biological men,” Libby told Pakinomist Digital Wednesday.

“As a result, Maines Democratic majority has been ready for Maine students to lose hundreds of millions in federal funding, starting with our USDA financing, instead of advancing -girls by complying with the federal law. I continue to stand with Maine -Girls and President Trump in the persecution of reason and justice. Radical core properties for that sense of our students. ”

More potential sanctions could come to the state in the next week.

The US Ministry of Education sent a letter to the Maine Department of Education (MDOE) Monday with the advice of a final deadline on April 11 to tackle the question or risk another reference to the Ministry of Justice. Department of Health and Human Services already referred Maine to Doj Last week.

Wednesday’s announcement is not the first financing Freeze USDA announced about Maine.

The department paused funding to the University of Maine System (UMS), a network of eight public universities in the state, on March 11, while conducting a review of the system’s compliance with section IX.

Financing was restored to UMS just days later, and the USDA announced that the system was in full agreement.

But the biggest question involving the Trans Athlet Inclusion in Maine is at the high school level. In addition to the incident involving pole vaulter at Greely High School, other cases have affected several girls all over the state who have had to compete with and share closet space with biological men.

Maine Teen Cassidy Carlisle former Pakinomist Digital told how she had to share a dressing room with a trans student while she was in high school, and then had to compete with another trans athlete in Nordic skiing last year.

“The defeat that comes with it at that moment is heartbreaking,” Carlisle said. “I’m just in shock in a way. I didn’t believe it. … I didn’t think it happened to me.”

“I was silent for a while,” Carlisle said. “It’s very hard to talk if you don’t have a platform to do it on.… Backlash is a huge thing. I’m a high school student. No high school students want to be injured or shouted at or aim average comments from people. And the reality of it, with the state I live in that can happen a lot.”

ONE Examination of The coalition of the American parents found that out of approx. 600 registered Maine voters, 63% said school sports participation should be based on biological sex, and 66% agreed that it is “only fair to limit women’s sports to biological women.”

The survey also found that 60% of residents would support a ballot limiting participation in Women and Girls Sport to Biological Women. This included 64% of the independent and 66% of parents with children under the age of 18.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top