Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif insured full support from the federal government on the development of Balochistan during a meeting with Chief Minister Sarfraz Bugti in Lahore on Wednesday.
He reiterated that Balochistan’s progress remained one of the government’s highest priorities and said that all necessary steps would be taken to support ongoing and future initiatives.
Both leaders held wide conversations about the province’s economic, social and security situation.
Cm Bugti oriented the Prime Minister about the status of development projects currently underway throughout Balochistan.
He also expanded Eidul Fitr greetings to the Prime Minister during the meeting.
Earlier on Tuesday, federal defense minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif said former governments should be held responsible for the ongoing challenges in Balochistan.
In a speech during an interview with a private news channel, the minister highlighted his unwavering obligation to improve national security, improve public welfare and intensify terrorist efforts. He expanded his Eid greetings to the nation while discussing key issues.
Khawaja Asif also stated that Pakistan’s armed forces have undergone reforms to better tackle the threat of terrorism and that successful terrorist operations in Balochistan are imminent.