KP CM Condemns Bajaur Suicide Attack; Naqvi praises the forces for preventing terrorist attacks
Twelve terrorists were killed after security forces foiled a terrorist attack on a joint security force and law enforcement check post in Bajaur district on Monday, the military’s media wing reported.
According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the attackers, described as belonging to the Indian proxy Fitna al-Khawarij (FAK), tried to breach the security of the checkpoint. Troops responded quickly, engaging the assailants and eliminating 12 of them as they attempted to flee.
Fitna al-Khawarij is a term used by the state to refer to terrorists associated with the outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan.
The ISPR said that during the assault, the attackers rammed an explosive-laden vehicle into the perimeter wall of the checkpoint. The powerful blast caused parts of the infrastructure to collapse, resulting in the martyrdom of 11 security personnel.
“The explosion also damaged nearby residential buildings, killing a young girl and injuring seven others, including women and children,” the statement said.
The ISPR stated that clearance operations are underway in the area to eliminate any remaining militants. Officials said the counter-terrorism campaign under the vision “Azm-e-Istehkam”, endorsed by the Federal Apex Committee on the National Action Plan, would continue at full pace to eliminate foreign sponsored terrorism.
Security officials said the sacrifices of personnel and civilians underscore the determination to protect the country.
President Asif Ali Zardari strongly condemned the cowardly terror attack by Indian-backed Fitna al-Khawarij terrorists in Bajaur.
The President asked for the elevation of the ranks of the martyrs and for patience for their families, describing the sacrifice of those who gave their lives for the country’s defense as a reinforcement of Pakistan’s resolve.
Zardari emphasized that the complete eradication of externally supported terrorism from the country remains a top priority.
Strongly condemning the cowardly attack of Sargar terrorists in Al-Kharasti under the Indian patronage of President Asif Ali Zardari.
The height of the ranks of the martyrs of the president and the family of the people
For the defense of the country, the martyrs who sacrificed themselves… pic.twitter.com/88CLL6bFdU
— PTV News (@PTVNewsOfficial) 17 February 2026
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif strongly condemned the attempted terror attack by Fitna al-Khawarij terrorists on a joint check post of security forces and law enforcement agencies in Bajaur district.
The Prime Minister expressed deep grief over the martyrdom of 11 security personnel and an innocent civilian in the attack. He asked for elevation of the ranks of the martyrs and conveyed condolences to their families. He also prayed for the speedy recovery of those injured in the blast.
Timely response by Pakistan’s security forces, the prime minister noted, 12 terrorists involved in the attack were neutralized. He praised the armed forces for achieving major successes against terrorism under the “Azm-e-Istehkam” vision.
Prime Minister Shehbaz affirmed that the entire nation stands with Pakistan’s forces in the fight against terrorism and reiterated the government’s determination to eliminate all forms of terrorism from the country.
Read: Three terrorists killed, three policemen martyred in CTD operation in Shangla
Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Chief Minister Sohail Afridi noted a suicide attack on an FC check post in Malangi area of Mamund tehsil of Bajaur district and strongly condemned the incident.
In a statement, the chief minister described the martyrdom of security personnel and a young girl in the attack as tragic. He said rescue organizations had been instructed to carry out immediate and extensive relief operations following the blast.
Afridi said efforts were being intensified to retrieve persons trapped under the rubble, adding that the provincial government stood in solidarity with the families of the martyrs.
He said such cowardly acts of terrorism could not weaken the nation’s resolve and stressed that a comprehensive and effective strategy was essential for the complete elimination of terrorism.
“Terrorism is a collective challenge for the entire country,” he said, adding that operations against anti-peace elements in the province would be further accelerated.
Read more: CDF Munir, Saudi Defense Minister discusses joint efforts to promote global peace and security
Federal Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi praised Pakistan’s security forces for successfully foiling a terrorist attack by Fitna al-Khawarij on a check post in Bajaur district.
Naqvi expressed deep condolences to the 11 security personnel who were martyred during the operation and conveyed heartfelt sympathies to their families.
He said the brave troops eliminated 12 terrorists in the process and lauded their courage for foiling the dastardly plans of the terrorists.
“The heroic sacrifices of our martyrs will never be forgotten,” the minister said, adding that the nation would always honor the memory of those who gave their lives to defend the country.



