Actress Momina Iqbal files complaint against PML-N MPA for alleged harassment

Actress and model Momina Iqbal. —momina.iqbal@instagram
  • Actor seeks FIR against PML-N MPA Saqib Chadhar.
  • Alleging harassment, extortion and death threats.
  • CM Maryam Nawaz warns against political pressure.

Actress and model Momina Iqbal on Friday approached the police to register a first information report against Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) MPA Saqib Chadhar over allegations of harassment, extortion and death threats.

In the application filed at Chung police station in Lahore, she alleged that the lawmaker had called her and her fiancé and issued threats.

Iqbal alleged that the politician resorted to foul language after she rejected his marriage proposal when she found out that the MPA was already married to two women.

She further alleged that after the rejection, Chadhar started blackmailing her. The application also referred to WhatsApp messages and video calls allegedly made by the accused.

According to the actress, similar threatening messages were also sent to her sister’s phone.

Reports said that Iqbal, accompanied by his lawyers, visited Chung police station and informed Station House Officer (SHO) Faheem Imdad about the matter.

Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Maryam Nawaz said any attempt to use political influence, pressure or threats to secure the release of “personal content” in the case involving Momina and Chadhar will face “firm and uncompromising action”.

In a statement on X Friday evening, the chief minister said the issue was a “personal matter” and would be “dealt with strictly on merit and in accordance with the law”.

In an earlier post on social media that branded the PML-N leadership, Iqbal alleged that she had been subjected to “online harassment, cyberbullying and death threats for a long time.”

She said she and her family suffered psychological stress and trauma due to the alleged actions of the MPA, whose name she did not publicly mention.

“A member of the provincial assembly belonging to the PML-N has been threatening me for a long period of time. I have repeatedly reported the matter to the National Cyber ​​Crime Investigation Agency and the Federal Investigation Agency, but no action was taken,” Iqbal stated.

“Instead of ensuring justice, attempts were allegedly made to suppress my complaints. Even people associated with the Chief Minister’s office tried to discourage me and silence the issue instead of allowing a fair investigation,” alleged the actor.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top