- Ubisoft confirms new Assassin’s Creed, Far Cryand Ghost Recon game is under development
- The company plans to release all of them in March 2029
- Ubisoft says its recent restructuring efforts will allow for “a return to higher quality standards”
Ubisoft has shared plans to release more Assassin’s Creed games and news Far Cry and Ghost Recon titles in March 2029.
The latest comes from the company’s latest financial report for 2025-2026 (via IGN), Ubisoft said it “expects a significantly larger content pipeline over FY2027-28 and FY2028-29 across its major brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry and Ghost Recon.”
The company’s fiscal year runs from April 1 to March 31, so it is suggested that these new projects will be released by March 31, 2029.
At the moment we know Assassin’s Creed Hex will be one of those games and it is expected to launch in 2027. Another multiplayer title, Codename Invictusis also underway alongside Assassin’s Creed Jadea mobile game. While both are in active development, neither has a release date.
Far cry 6 was the last game in the series and it launched in 2021 and we haven’t had a new one Ghost Recon game since 2019 with Ghost Recon: Breakpoint.
Alongside its core plan, Ubisoft is also looking to leverage AI to “enhance the player experience” and “boost team creativity and efficiency” by developing its first “playable Generative AI experience”.
It says the project will “enrich player experiences while teams make tangible progress organically with AI applications that can help manage the growing complexity of modern game development pipelines.”
However, Ubisoft co-founder and CEO Yves Guillemot warned investors that the company’s FY2026-27 period “is expected to represent a low point in our free cash flow trajectory.”
The CEO said that it plans to expand its live service games viz Rainbow Six Siegeas well as deliver Assassin’s Creed Black Flag resyncwhich launches on July 9, but the “softer release slate and restructuring costs” will likely affect Ubisoft’s annual earnings.
Earlier this year, Ubisoft announced major restructuring plans that were canceled Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time remake along with several projects, and the delay of six more.
In the report, the company said this was to “maximize long-term value and refocus its three-year roadmap”, and its new plan better positions its creative house for “a return to higher quality standards”, which it said is already reflected in the release of Assassin’s Creed Shadows, Anno 117: Pax Romana and that Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora enlargement, From the ashes.
Follow TechRadar on Google News and add us as a preferred source to get our expert news, reviews and opinions in your feeds. Be sure to click the Follow button!

The best Xbox controllers



