Virginia Giuffre’s family reacts to Andrew’s investigation update

Virginia Giuffre’s family breaks silence on Andrews investigation update

Virginia Giuffre’s family have broken their silence after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s investigation took a surprising turn.

Sky and Amanda Roberts expressed their satisfaction after Thames Valley Police announced they were interviewing several witnesses to allegations of sexual abuse.

They are “hopeful” after police confirmed they are assessing possible offenses as part of the investigation into the former prince’s alleged misconduct in public office. Investigators are speaking with several witnesses.

Andrew, 66, was arrested in February on suspicion of misconduct in public office amid allegations he shared confidential information with Jeffrey Epstein.

He was released later that day under investigation and has always vehemently denied allegations of wrongdoing in connection with the late convicted pedophile.

The former Duke of York has also denied any personal gain from his trading role.

Amanda Roberts, Ms. Giuffre’s sister-in-law, said Sky News Friday: “At first I think it’s very encouraging.”

She continued: “You know, at first we were the only ones who heard that it was going to be investigations into behavior, like sharing government information. And to hear that the potential of investigating sex crimes, that’s huge. It’s more than what we see here in this country, and it actually gives us hope.”

She praised her sister-in-law’s courage in speaking up, adding: “And Virginia paved the way for that. If it wasn’t for her courage and her bravery and being persistent in her truth, you know, we wouldn’t be here and we’re so thankful that the police really took this seriously.

“And that was good news for us today, so I think we’re very hopeful.”

Giuffre’s brother, Sky Roberts, said this shows a “stark” difference from authorities in the United States.

“It’s a stark difference between what’s happening here at the Justice Department and the FBI.”

He added that “we really hope this is a step in the right direction and I encourage Thames Valley Police – we’re rooting for you”.

One victim, an unnamed woman in her 20s, is said to have spent a night at the Royal Lodge with the disgraced royal.

Allegations had previously been reported, via a lawyer in the US, that the woman was taken to Windsor for sexual purposes and then taken elsewhere.

The BBC had reported that the alleged victim was sent to Britain by Epstein for a sexual encounter.

Giuffre died by suicide in April 2025. She became one of the most outspoken Epstein victims and published an award-winning book detailing her encounters with the late sex offender and his former girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top